Proper security is like insurance, the premium must reflect the risk. The difference, insurance is reactive to loss and our security service is proactive, mitigating loss. Insurance cannot replace lost time, life and health. However, there must be a reasonable trade-
Our Security Guard personnel are provided a career path with the opportunity to be promoted and excel. In short we are not a body shop for minimum wage job seekers. We hire motivated people who desire a career in the security field. The average security guard has 4 to 6 hours of training to become certified by the State of Texas. In order to carry a firearm the average certified security guard receives an additional 30 hours of training. To qualify as a Personal Protection Officer they must have an additional 6 to 8 hours of training. The only other requirement is that they not have a felony arrest. Additionally the average security guard is only paid 2-
Is this who you want securing your safety and property?
Universal Safety & Security Solutions believes that your security is more important than hiring the lowest common denominator. Our security guards must fulfill the following requirements:
- 21 years of age
- No felony or class A misdemeanor convictions
- Minimum high school diploma
- US Citizen
- Psychological testing
- Minimum 60 hours of classroom training from former Federal Agents.
- Minimum of 40 hours apprenticeship with an experienced mentor.
- Spot monitored by Universal Safety & Security Solutions supervisors.
- Random and frequent drug and alcohol testing.
- One year probationary period and continuing education program.
- Passed a full investigative background check, reviewed quarterly.
- We prefer to hire former law enforcement and military personnel.
To become a Universal Safety & Security Solutions protection officer (PPO) we require:
- Minimum 3 years law enforcement experience or 4 years military training.
- 80 hours of PPO training from former Federal Agents.
- Minimum 2 months apprenticeship with an experienced mentor.